Every job has different requirements. One UAV can't meet every requirement, but a modular system can. Our patent pending UAV system uses a central pod that can vary in size, payload, componentry and number of booms. Our first UAV, the M4, uses four modular booms connected to a central pod via our unique clamping and pin system. Each boom can be attached or unattached in seconds. This means you can store and carry our UAV in a compact and secure carry case. It also means you can replace a damaged boom in seconds.
You can use booms across pods, essentially creating various machines from a few modular components. Even the retractable landing gear uses the same easy-to-use design. We made the gimbal attachment modular as well, so attaching equipment could be done in the field. The accessory controller and power plugs are located next to the gimbal mount.
Other computer makers provide one part of the solution; we're the last company providing everything ... with the other guys, whenever something doesn't work they all point fingers at each other--it's the software, it's the hardware, it's the network. With us, we make the whole widget." - Steve Jobs
In the UAV business, we are the one company that makes the "whole widget". We make the software and we make the UAV. Every UAV comes with skyecontrol preloaded onto the "Samsung Galaxy Tab S" tablet. Since the hardware and software are shipped as a package, we guarantee that our software has been rigorously tested on the tablet and optimized. From Skyecontrol, you can plan, fly, and review a mission, as well as calibrate your machine.
p>Skyecontrol is flexible and works with any craft that uses the mavlink protocol. You can control the look and feel of the application and arrange your on-screen widgets as desired. We provide direct vendor support so that you can talk to someone in that knows every aspect of the system.
Reliability comes from experience. Our UAV experts have over 15 years of experience, Colin Heidtman, a professional mechanical engineer, and Dr. Orest Pilskalns, previously a computer science professor at Washington State University and a engineer at Lockheed Martin, designed and built this modular system.
Skyefish UAVs use top end components and manufactures over 40 unique parts:
- USA Designed and Manufactured Quick Release Boom Clamping System (T6061 Aluminum) (Patent Pending)
- USA Designed and Manufactured Quick Connect Electrical Pin System (Patent Pending)
- USA Designed and Manufactured Carbon Fiber Airframe
- USA Designed and Manufactured Gimbal Loading System and Electrical Quick Connect
- USA Designed and Manufactured Quick Release Landing Gear Feet
- USA Designed and Manufactured Power Distribution Board
- USA Designed and Manufactured Flight Control Software
- USA Designed KDE Direct 4014XF-380 Multi-Rotor Brushless MotorUSA Designed KDE ESCs
- USA Designed 3D Robotics PixHawk Flight Controller
- USA Designed 3D Robotics Navigation System
- USA Designed 3D Robotics Telemetry
- Castle BECsAlign Electrical Landing Gear Motors
- Tested 3 Cell 10,000 mAmp LiPo Batteries
- Samsung Tab S Tablet with Android OS (Lollipop)